We run Brighton Community Supported Agriculture which produces a locally grown, organic fruit and veg share, harvested weekly from our Stanmer Organics site. We pick and deliver to your door on the same day.
To register your interest for the Share, please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Local organic produce delivered weekly for 40 weeks from June 2017 until March 2018. £13.50 per week – that’s £54 per month for 10 months! (Includes delivery to Brighton and Hove addresses)
A weekly supply of top quality local produce – which you can track from seed to table!
- Organic! Grown on Soil Association certified organic land at Stanmer Organics, Stanmer Park on the edge of Brighton.
- Seasonal! Members will receive their share of the harvest from June 2017 to March 2018, with no delivery between Christmas and New Year.
- Super fresh! Typically harvested in the morning and delivered to your door on the same day. To keep food miles to a minimum we only deliver around Brighton and Hove.
- Savings! Healthy Start vouchers accepted as part payment.
- Vegmail! Monthly email full of on-site news including crop varieties, recipe suggestions and storage tips.
- Participate! You and your family can come and join our growing community every Friday, get involved with seasonal Sunday gatherings, enjoy shared lunches and the opportunity to re-connect with nature.
- Support! The continued development of the emerging CSA national sustainable food network: http://www.communitysupportedagriculture.org.uk.
- Training! Sharers are also entitled to 20% off all our Training Courses, Workshops and Food Events.
- Sustainable! Reduce your carbon footprint. Help us to help you contribute to a sustainable future by keeping the production and travel miles associated with your food to the absolute minimum.
You can expect to receive a share of an interesting variety of seasonal produce. Contents and amounts will vary with the season. Whilst the ethos of the CSA is to share the risk and the reward, experience has shown that we can assure you will receive value for money throughout the scheme and when gluts happen you too will enjoy the plenty.
We aim to include at least 7 different crops weekly e.g.
- A fabulous salad bag – a variety of lettuces and oriental leaves with a sprinkling of edible flowers.
- A weekly herb bag, with a regular supply of our highly praised garlic.
- A plentiful supply of leafy greens such as kale, spinach, chard, calabrese or perhaps a stir fry mix
- (In summer) tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and aubergines, broad beans, runner beans/ french beans, courgettes, mange tout, fennel bulbs, beetroot, new potatoes and more…
- (In winter) leeks, parsnips, beetroot, savoy cabbage, sprouting broccoli, turnips, pumpkins, potatoes, carrots onions, celeriac and more…
- And you can expect to find some unusual veg! Previously we’ve tried out Romanesco, Scorzonera (an Italian root vegetable) and Cape Gooseberry (also known as Physalis). This year we will be trialling watercress, kohl rabi and pak choi.