Founded in 2007, we are a Community Food Growing Project committed to Organic Principles;
HEALTH – ECOLOGY – FAIRNESS – CARE
We grow fruit and vegetables on 2 acres of Soil Association accredited organic land within Stanmer Park. A member of Stanmer Organics we are located on the fringe of Brighton in the South Downs National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
We practice and teach sustainable agriculture with a sensitive approach towards land management, biodiversity and the environment. Our approach is informed by both traditional organic farming techniques, permaculture and the no-dig method.
Whilst encouraging healthy, active lifestyle, our work aims to develop a closer, more meaningful connection to our food, each other and to the soil.
Here’s a flavour of what you can do with us:
- Brighton Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Fruit and Veg Share – receive a weekly share of our harvest, regularly join us onsite and become a member of our growing community.
- Training – A 1 year traineeship in “The Principles and Practice of Organic Food Production” and each Spring our 2 day course “Introduction to Organic Food Growing”
- Education days – for Nurseries, Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Team building – Away-days – for Companies, Corporates and Groups
- “Preserving, Pickling and Fermenting Food” (16th Sept, 1-4pm)
- “Jam and Jelly Making” (15th July, 1-4pm)
- “Pick, Cook and Learn” (Bookable)
- Volunteering – Enjoy learning how to grow food and meet like minded people, held weekly, Friday 10-3pm and occasional Sundays 11-4pm
- Food Events – Regular celebrations of our delicious organic harvest