Founded in 2007, we are a Community Food Growing Project committed to Organic Principles;
HEALTH – ECOLOGY – FAIRNESS – CARE
We grow fruit and vegetables on 2.4 acres of Soil Association accredited organic land within Stanmer Park. A member of Stanmer Organics we are located on the fringe of Brighton in the South Downs National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
We practice and teach sustainable agriculture with a sensitive approach towards land management, biodiversity and the environment. Our approach is informed by both traditional organic farming techniques and the no-dig method.
Whilst encouraging healthy, active lifestyle, our work aims to develop a closer, more meaningful connection to our food, each other and to the soil.
Here’s a flavour of what you can do with us:
- Brighton Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Fruit and Veg Share – receive a weekly share of our harvest, regularly join us onsite and become a member of our growing community.
- Training– The Principles and Practice of Organic Food Production – 3 day and 1 year traineeship and how to run a CSA – 2 year traineeship
- Education days – for nurseries, schools, colleges, universities
- Team building away-days – for companies, corporates and groups
- Workshops – pick, cook and learn, jam and pickle making, hape-zome leaf printing and successful composting
- Volunteering – enjoy learning how to grow food and meet like minded people
- Food Events – regular celebrations of our delicious organic harvest